Councillor Glen’s Weekly Update for Saturday, June 25
– TODAY, 12pm-4pm: “Welcome to Stittsville” multicultural event at Village Square Park (Abbott @ Stittsville Main)
– Planning Committee approves Stittsville Main Street Public Realm Plan
– Mandy Hambly receives the Mayor’s City Builder Award
– Car theft information session
– Naming ceremony for Lee Boltwood Park
– Congratulations to graduating high school students
– Let’s Bike Month – Team Stittsville has logged 5,600km!
– Party in the Park today at Pioneer Plains Park (Jackson Trails)
– Ottawa West Artists Association – new art at CARDELREC
– Weekly market at Holy Spirit Parish (Shea Road)
– Strawberry Social at tomorrow’s Market @ The Barn
– Hazardous waste depot on Sunday at Canadian Tire Centre
– Canada Day July 1
– Take the survey about future expansion of Huntmar & Stittsville Main north of Maple Grove at https://glengower.ca
– Construction beginning soon on Abbott & Hobin for road re-paving, and replacement of the Beechfern pedestrian bridge along Poole Creek
– Clean-up continues from the May 21 storm. Leave your debris curbside.
– Road safety reminders: Follow the posted limit and come to a complete stop at stop signs. Cyclists, make sure you have a bell & yield to pedestrians.
– Dog owners – please keep your pets on-leash unless in a designated off-leash area. Please pick up after your pet & don’t use your neighbour’s lawn as a bathroom for your pet!
Have an excellent week & Happy Canada Day!
Councillor Glen’s update is also available on Spotify, iTunes, and other popular podcast apps. More info…