Councillor Glen’s Weekly Update for Saturday, May 7, 2022.
- Committee approves Shea Woods acquisition
- 6310 Hazeldean – new development application (east of Carp)
- Recap – 6015 Fernbank pre-construction meeting
- Update on Bell fibre installations
- Update on the City’s Women & Gender Equity Strategy
- Street sweepers are out – please take your car off the road
- Remember to slow down & follow the posted speed limit; traffic calming being installed now; police enforcement in school zones
- The Ottawa Hospital – request for the City to contribute $150-million to local share funding
- Rebuilding the arena and north side stands at Lansdowne Park
- The Stittsville Diversity Project – identifying needs and service gaps in our community
- Asian Heritage Month and Canadian Jewish Heritage Month
- 174 closure this weekend between Blair & Montreal Road
- May 7: Jane’s Walk (registration is full!)
- May 7: Labyrinth Peace Walk for Ukraine at RJ Bell Rotary Peace Park this afternoon
- May 7: New artwork from OWAA at CARDELREC
- May 13: Open Office Hours at CARDELREC, 10am-11am
- May 15: Family Bike Ride
- Mental Health Week – supports at https://ottawapublichealth.ca
- Nominate a “Stittsville Super Kid”
- Happy Mother’s Day!
Have a great weekend!
Councillor Glen’s update is also available on Spotify, iTunes, and other popular podcast apps. More info…