Councillor Glen’s Weekly Update for Saturday, January 28
From Mary Durling Park on Brae Crescent in Stittsville.
- Happy Lunar New Year
- We’ve had a lot of snow!
- Zero emission buses – reducing 30,000 tonnes of GHG emissions each year
- Settlement – LRT issues – City of Ottawa & RTG
- January 27 – International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Renaming a section of Metcalfe Street for Mahsa Amini
- Committee votes to temporarily reopen Wellington
- Jan 31 – public meeting for the Huntmar widening and Stittsville Main Street extension Environmental Assessment
- Feb 13 – Stittsville budget Q&A
- Feb 20 – Family Day Skate
- Upcoming community events
- Congrats Goulbourn Skating Club – heading to the Synchro Nationals
- January 29 is International Day of Remembrance of the Quebec City Mosque Attacks & Action Against Islamophobia
My update is also available as a podcast on Spotify, iTunes, and other apps. More info…