On April 27, 2023, Transportation Committee will review the recommended plan and design to widen Huntmar Drive between Campeau Drive and Maple Grove Road, and to extend Stittsville Main Street between Maple Grove Road and Robert Grant Avenue.
The plan and design stem from an Environmental Assessment (EA) study and would see four travel lanes on Huntmar and two on the Stittsville Main Street extension. Both projects would be complete streets that connect communities and address forecasted travel demand to 2046. The design:
- Supports new bus routes and services, improves bus stop locations and amenities;
- Improves connectivity to the future Palladium LRT Station as well as to adjacent existing and planned residential developments, employment centres and commercial uses;
- Delivers new active transportation facilities such as segregated cycle tracks, wide sidewalks and multi-use pathways;
- Implements protected intersection design features;
- Provides new signalized intersections and roundabouts where appropriate, as well as accesses to connect to existing and proposed land uses;
- Provides barrier-free access for all users and implements accessibility design standards; and
- Improves road safety for all users and encourages transit-oriented development and regeneration;
Due to the existing need for a safe pedestrian and cycling crossing of Highway 417, the study included an optional stand-alone active transportation bridge which could be built in advance of the Huntmar Drive widening and associated new crossing of Highway 417.
The study also identified the need for a new collector road between the intersections of Stittsville Main/Derreen Avenue and Carp/Westbrook roads. A future study would determine the exact location of the road.
Here’s a link to the report on this study for more information: https://pub-ottawa.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=120437
Share your feedback
These are important projects for our growing community and there has been strong engagement from residents throughout the course of this study. You can participate at this upcoming Transportation Committee by submitting comments or by making a formal presentation. Here’s how:
- To submit comments in writing: email the Committee Coordinator at Rosa.Ramos4@ottawa.ca. Comments received by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2023, will be provided to Members of Committee and Council prior to the meeting.
- To submit verbal comments in advance of the meeting: call the Committee Coordinator by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 to have comments transcribed at (613) 580-2424, ext. 21934.
- Register to speak at the committee meeting: by phone by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at (613) 580-2424, ext. 21934 or by email prior to 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 27, 2023 at Rosa.Ramos4@ottawa.ca. If you have a visual presentation, please submit them by the 4:00 p.m. deadline on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 once you have registered.