Join us on Tuesday, April 14 for a webinar conversation with Michelle Hurtubise, Executive Director of the Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre, about how the organization is adapting to serve the community during the COVID-19 situation. We’ll discuss the resources available to support vulnerable and isolated members in our community during this pandemic situation. With Councillors Jenna Sudds (Kanata North) and Glen Gower (Stittsville).
The Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre is a not-for-profit organization that provides health and social services to communities in far west Ottawa. Some of the services that WOCRC offers include:
- Helping parents learn to raise a more confident child;
- Organizing opportunities for seniors to interact socially;
- Offering individual short-term counselling to adults, youth and children;
- Providing information, resources and referrals to new Canadians;
- Providing services to assist seniors to live more independently and to stay in their home longer;
- Providing a safe home and support to women and their dependants who have experienced violence in the home;
- Offering teens a place to learn new skills and connect with their peers;
- Providing community development and health promotion services that focus on addressing and raising awareness of the social determinants of health such as income, poverty, education, transportation, environment, isolation and social exclusion.
More information and resources: